Friday, August 29, 2008

The Nightmares Continue….

Okay so…not a dream but reality this time...lol.

The airline with which we had our tickets booked with, leaving for the UK next Thursday I might add, has gone belly up. I KNOW!

It all started with a frantic call from my best friend a.k.a. travelling companion at approximately 7:30am Thursday morning. Okay well frantic being an understatement. Apparently our airline had started to have its flights grounded for failure to pay bills. NOT a good sign. I vaguely remember managing to mumble some incoherent (I’m thinking) responses to her almost hysterical ramblings. (you can hit me later Trish) Upon asking why I sounded so calm I would have loved to have responded that it was my innate ability for staying calm, cool and collected under the face of chaos that made me so mellow at this moment. Kinda like some covert ops spy/assassin from some really great mystery/adventure novel. But in reality it was probably the fact that in trying to avoid as much jet lag as humanly possible I had been going to sleep ungodly early (well, for my body) and had gotten up at 5 fucking 30 am and so was, in reality, not quite awake and all that with it at the time of the call.

But I am going with the covert ops spy/assassin thing cuz it just sounds so much sexier…and I would so have Clive Owen play some sort of counterpart, like in whatever way we could have that totally fighting, hating each other yet total sexual chemistry thing going…..oops off topic…

So anyways, I get to work and have the airline’s news up on my Google search and for the next few hours continue to refresh it to read the latest. Then the inevitable happens and yes the damn company goes bust and cancels all operations including –gasp!- our flight! I KNOW! I’ve only been anticipating for this trip for 20 years…and they cancel it like it totally doesn’t matter!? The bastards…

So I immediately call my best friend a.k.a.travelling companion to talk about what we should do and she can’t talk cuz she’s about to go into an interview with her daughter’s new teacher. I KNOW! Like our trip isn’t more important than her daughters education!? Sheesh…

Anyways we are all nicely booked on Air Canada, the airline that I avoided booking with like the plague in the first place because of their unprecedented talent for continually losing my baggage. My luggage has been more places that I have! I am actually jealous of my luggage. So irony of ironies I am now flying with this company, fully anticipating that my luggage will go to someplace like Guyana, or Boca Rattan or hell, even…well…Hell itself!….

Aw well, I hope it brings me back something nice...

At any rate now we are having to leave a day early which means one day less of shoe deciding. I KNOW! OMG! Which shoes to bring which not to bring...how much more can a girl take!

5 comments:

She Spy said...

Look at it this way:

Maybe all this chaos now, means the trip itself will go smoothly :)

der Erlkonig said...

Optimist...

Pensive said...

Yes indeedy.. you got the chaos over with and it will be smooooooth sailing from here on out.. -nodsnodsnods-

Donnie said...

't worry hon. As I have told you time and time again, the trip will go wonderful. You will enjoy it. You will love every second you are over there. You just need to focus in on THEN and not NOW.

Bella said...

The chaos isn't over I still need to pack! lol