Tuesday, April 8, 2008

If 40 is the new 30, someone needs to tell my ass!

Or my entire body for that matter. What the hell is going on below the chin? Well sure there’s the age thing but when did it develop this complete and total disregard for my feelings? My body despises me, I know it. Secretly it relishes in my scowls each time I happen to pass a mirror which is something I am coming to frequently avoid. (I knew that snickering sound was coming from somewhere.)

And to all who know me, yeah yeah, yeah. To be honest I am no more than maybe 10 pounds overweight and even then it’s not really overweight it’s more like 10 pounds more than my totally vain self wants to weigh. That doesn’t bother me as much as the “dimpling” of my thighs and my backside, which by the way is starting to give in to gravity. Dimpling? My ass! And yes it’s on my ass, but call it what it is…cellulite plain and simple. How come men aren’t plagued with this hideously deforming ailment? Probably because they wouldn’t even notice if they did, like they fail to notice when their bellies begin to hang over their belts or their jiggling man-boobs that they so proudly display by going topless in the summer to the detriment of our sensibilities. Gag. And if they didn’t notice then who would be able to sell the multitude of creams and treatments to wage the war on this cottage cheese of the flesh?

Anyways the long and the short of it is I want to get back into shape…as much of a shape that I can achieve not being 20 any longer. Toned I guess is what I want…so the old skin maybe doesn’t look so saggy and maybe the dimpling goes back to that special little hell from whence it came. Thing is I don’t weight myself, haven’t in about 20 years. I go by how I look and how my clothes fit. So I decided to start measuring myself, my waist and my hips anyways, where I have the extra stuff I want to shed. I plan on sticking with my work outs, and pray nothing happens as it always does to sideline me…like injuries and strange colds that knock me on my ass for a month. Eating right is another thing, at least during the week and lots of water! I will be “weighing” in monthly here on my blog figuring that will help motivate me. My goal is to lose 3 inches at least.

So here we go, the first month…

Waist – 30
Hips – 37
Workouts – 2 full w/o’s - 2x this week (didn't drop dead - bonus)

1 comment:

Pensive said...

-chuckles and nods-.. I so understand.. you go girl!.. -winks and hugs-